If scientists discovered something that worked better than vaccines at preventing influenza, you’d think they would jump all over it, right? After all, isn’t the point to protect children and adults from influenza?
A clinical trial led by Mitsuyoshi Urashima and conducted by the Division of Molecular Epidemiology in the the Department of Pediatrics at the Jikei University School of Medicine Minato-ku in Tokyo found that vitamin D was extremely effective at halting influenza infections in children. The trial appears in the March, 2010 issue of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (Am J Clin Nutr (March 10, 2010). doi:10.3945/ajcn.2009.29094)
The results are from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study involving 334 children, half of which were given 1200 IUs per day of vitamin D3. In other words, this was a “rigorous” scientific study meeting the gold standard of scientific evidence.
In the study, while 31 of 167 children in the placebo group contracted influenza over the four month duration of the study, only 18 of 168 children in the vitamin D group did.
This means vitamin D was responsible for an absolute reduction of nearly 8 percent.
Flu vaccines, according to the latest scientific evidence, achieve a 1 percent reduction in influenza symptoms.
Read complete article by Mike Adams
Läs mer: D-vitamin reducerade förkylningar med 75%
10 reasons why vitamin D is better than flu vaccines
This is an extract from a list of 20 reasons compiled by Mike Adams
- Vitamin D activates your immune system to respond to any viral exposure (not just one virus).
- Vitamin D naturally belongs in your body.
- Vitamin D has been functioning as medicine in the human body since the beginning of the human species.
- Vitamin D is available right now and there’s no shortage of it.
- Vitamin D is found naturally in many foods such as sardines or salmon.
- Vitamin D is affordable. You can even get it for free (from sunlight).
- Vitamin D also improves sugar metabolism, bone density and healthy moods.
- Vitamin D works on everyone and is safe for everyone, including infants and children.
- Vitamin D is made in nature, not a laboratory.
- Vitamin D is found naturally in breast milk.