Dr David Servan-Schreiber was diagnosed with brain cancer. He then confronted what medicine knows about cancer and the body’s natural cancer fighting capacities. Therefore Servan-Schreiber found himself on a fifteen-year journey from disease and relapse into scientific exploration and to health.
His book “Anticancer: A New Way of Life” explaines what makes cancer cells thrive and what inhibits them, and drawing on both conventional and alternative ways to slow and prevent cancer, Anticancer is revolutionary. It is a moving story of a doctor’s inner and outer search for balance; radical in its discussion of the environment, lifestyle and trauma.
Advocating a change in the way we understand and confront cancer, Anticancer is a radical synthesis of science and personal experience, an inspiring personal journey, and certainly a guide to “a new way of life.” Anticancer tells us:
- Why western diet creates disease and how to develop a science-based anticancer diet
- How and why sugar and stress feed cancer and ways to achieve balance to combat it
- How the effects of helplessness and unhealed wounds affect our ability to restore health
- How to reap the benefits of exercise, yoga, and meditation
- How to eliminate environmental toxins
- How to find the right blend of traditional and alternative health care