24 Apr, 2014

National Defense Authorization Act (NDDA) – US Senate wants the entire USA to be a ”battleground”

USA will be a battleground

In a stunning move that has civil libertarians stuttering with disbelief, the U.S. Senate has just passed a bill that effectively ends the Bill of Rights in America and will turn USA into a battleground.

Text: Mike Adams | Also watch this video: The US Constitution is gone

[The article's heading re-named on Dec 4, 2011 (01:28 local time SE). The word "declares" was exchanged with "wants"]

Also read:
Global protests continues, banks will close down, maybe war in Iran
Fusion Centers crucial for National Defense Authorization Act

The National Defense Authorization Act is being called the most traitorous act ever witnessed in the Senate, and the language of the bill is cleverly designed to make you think it doesn’t apply to Americans, but toward the end of the bill it essentially says it can apply to Americans ”if we want it to.”

Bill Summary & Status, 112th Congress (2011 – 2012) | S.1867 | Latest Title: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 | Sponsor: Sen Levin, Carl [MI] (introduced 11/15/2011) | Related Bills: H.R.1540 | Latest Major Action: 12/1/2011 Passed/agreed to in Senate. | Status: Passed Senate with amendments by Yea-Nay. 93 – 7. | Record Vote Number: 218. | Latest Action: 12/1/2011 National Defense Authorization Act | Amendment details

This bill, passed late last night in a 93-7 vote, declares the entire USA to be a ”battleground” upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate and even assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity.

Even WIRED magazine was outraged at this bill, reporting:

Senate Wants the Military to Lock You Up Without Trial
…the detention mandate to use indefinite military detention in terrorism cases isn’t limited to foreigners. It’s confusing, because two different sections of the bill seem to contradict each other, but in the judgment of the University of Texas’ Robert Chesney — a nonpartisan authority on military detention — “U.S. citizens are included in the grant of detention authority.” Source

The passage of this law is nothing less than an outright declaration of WAR against the American People by the military-connected power elite. If this is signed into law, it will shred the remaining tenants of the Bill of Rights and unleash upon America a total military dictatorship, complete with secret arrests, secret prisons, unlawful interrogations, indefinite detainment without ever being charged with a crime, the torture of Americans and even the ”legitimate assassination” of U.S. citizens on right here on American soil!

If you have not yet woken up to the reality of the police state we’ve been warning you about, I hope you realize we are fast running out of time. Once this becomes law, you have no rights whatsoever in America — no due process, no First Amendment speech rights, no right to remain silent, nothing.

Text: Mike Adams

More to read

NEW: Global protests continues, banks will close down, maybe war in Iran

Fusion Centers crucial for National Defense Authorization Act

US Congress passed the National Defense Authorization Act

American Warning from 2008 is really about now 2011-2012

Paul Craig Roberts comments on National Defense Authorization Act

Also watch this video: The US Constitution is gone

ANNONSER

Chemtrails manifestation 26 april 2014 Stockholm

Kommentarsregler

Du har personligt ansvar för vad du skriver. Nedsättande kommentarer raderas. Max 1500 tecken (ca 300 ord) utan mellanslag inräknade. Max tre externa länkar. Läs mer om reglerna.
About Mike Adams

Mike has founded NaturalNews.com, an online news source covering all areas of personal and planetary wellness from nutrition to renewable energy. He has written thousands of articles and built a following of over 800,000 people across the globe.

Kommentarer

1. I’m not at all surpised. Everybody needs to get some thigh high boots because the s**t is getting deep in this country.

2. schizflux says:

As I read it.. It is indeed explicitly stated in this bill that the measure does not extend to citizens of the United States. However, the impunity seemingly granted by the law to the military for its activities, if they are poorly executed or misguided, deprives the citizens of any substantive guaranties that they will not be ”processed” as enemies of the state just as easily as foreign subjects. This means that persons who are afterwards found to be US citizens, or innocent, or executed mistakenly and whatnot cannot seek justice by pressing charges against mistakes, negligence or excessive force on the part of the military – for reasons that the military is unanswerable for any of its actions by default of this law. The law gives the military authority a green light to do pretty much everything they think expedient without concern for legal consequences of their actions.

3. Admin says:

Comment on US Senate’s bill to make USA become ”battleground”

4. Wut? This website isn’t even U.s. based. I believe this bill has been completely misconstrued for the purpose of this outlandish article. Tell me, for what reason exactly would the U.S institute marshal law at this point in time? There isn’t a legitimate reason. This is total garbage and propaganda. Why don’t you guys like study outer space or something instead of being conspiracy obsessed and so overly pessimistic. It is much more rewarding,
    K thx Ken!

5. So tell me, instead of ranting on here, or demonstrating in the streets. Who can do what to fix our problems in congress?

6. This author has done a disservice to the readers by not pointing to a petition or some other actionable item.

7. Briana says:

This website is complete horseshit hahhahahhahah. Clearly not a reliable source for information… I will commend whoever made it though… you’ve got a lot of time on your hands!

8. Briana says:

Right on Ken!

9. Once again King Hussein Obama slides another bill under the door of the senate and congress. Fro the last three years, he has done nothing but turn this country upside down, and inside out. One more step toward the communist doctrine that we have fought and died to keep away from our front doors. And guess what, King Hussein Obama just rammed it down our throats. I hope all you people that voted for this person are happy with the change he is bringing around, because you are the ones who will pay the price of loosing everything to a Totalitarian Government. Take a long look at what you have now, because if this bill becomes law, you will have nothing left. Me, I intend to fight for my freedom, and if I have to, I’ll die for it.

10. HistoryRepeats says:

This is an outrage!
    What is happening now has been referred to as ”time for the Jews to get out of Germany.” Only, who is the target? Any ”terrorist” right? Well, I hate to break it to everyone but terrorism is an idea and no matter how badly we want it to disappear it wont. Because ideas are born in people. Until EVERY person is dead the idea wont disappear either. And who, according to ”America” is a terrorist anyway? It is anyone who threatens to destroy the way we currently enjoy living. Who is currently threatening that?! The main culprit is not a turban-headed moslem. Not even a foreigner. No, it is our own representatives and senators. This country was founded on the idea that the people would be in control, that the people should not be afraid of the government but the government should be afraid of the people. What happened to the American ideal? When did the government loose sight of what America is? I have an answer for that too. It is like Thomas Jefferson himself feared: ”America will be great until it learns that they can vote themselves money.” This whole conundrum that the US gov. is putting us through is solely based on greed. And it is time for the truly humble to step in and take there place and for the REAL terrorists to be put behind bars, exactly where they voted themselves to be… without trial.

11. Annie says:

Obama Won’t Veto the NDAA because he doesn’t have to… an amendment passed including language that takes indefinite detention off the table for citizens or any other persons….

Why can’t you find a news report about this? Am I looking in the wrong places? I had to go look this up myself… and I’m no wonk.

On December 1, 2011 all but 7 senators voted for the NDAA with the indefinite detention provisions. A few minutes later the following amendment was inserted and passed 99:1

Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.

12. Don, this bill has nothing to do with Obama. It’s driven by Republican representatives, and Obama has threatened to veto it, which I sincerely hope and trust he will. That is, he is against this kind of totalitarian measure. The Patriot Act (the beginning of restricting our Bill of Rights in same way as this bill) was created by the Bush regime.

13. Marjorie says:

Now it is up to O”bomb”a to veto it. Certainly the Congressmen would not want their children and grandchildren to live under such a dictatorship (one would think) – regardless what kickbacks and or monetary prizes thrown to them from the bowels of hell for their votes right?

14. It will be ironic to see American immigrants around driving our taxis in some other developed country they’ve run to when this goes too far.

15. Greg Allen Getty says:

I believe I prevailed in the Federal case over my Hiroshima day arrest for being in the public right of way where the nukes came from (USDC Complaint No. C03-3665 SBA Oakland Div.) and it didn’t apparently get me killed, yet either…

16. showme says:

could someone list the exact subtitle and sec. it states this because i’m not seeing it.

17. rich grov says:

what happens when they shoot a group of occupy members? do you think they gona be able to press charges later?

18. Wow wow… this sounds very good :D

19. im sorry when did dictatorship become part of the senate? when did they become what they souly thought they were getting rid of? thank you for putting sadem ,sadem bin ladden ,omar kadafi in the drivers seat of destruction of the united states!!!! thanks tp the striking of the match by sadem bin ladden by hitting the world trade centers and the pentigon the U.S senate is nothing but scared little cowards be brave and stand up for your country do not spit in the eye of America for as we that fought for freedom of opression of dictatorship from the british in the thirteen colinies and to put us back from which we come from the start of a new hypocracy dictatorship should be fighting words for every natural and unnatural red blooded American like the flag says ”DON`T TRED ON ME”!!!! the U.S constitution will stand for liberty freedom and justic for all. to sever the bill of rights is to destroy not only our heritage but our rights as a free country to have rights. and if the senate passes this may they rot and forever burn in hell as god as their witness – amen

20. showme says:

this article is an outright lie. there is nothing in this bill even close to what the article says. if so i challenge you to list the subtitle and section. the only people that need to be afraid of this are terrorist.

21. Vernon says:

The declaration of independence grants us, the citizens, the power to over turn the government if it gets to be out of hand. The founding fathers saw this coming.

22. Vernon says:

This is actually happening….

23. Vernon is silly says:

It’s actually not. This article took a small bit of the REAL bill and exaggerated it times one billion. It won’t pass anyway.

It’s quite obvious you believe in EVERYTHING the media tells you.

24. Rich has no litteracy says:

”they gona be able”?

If they did shoot them, it would make my week. I am so tired of this occupy whiny protest bullshit. All these people, probably yourself included, are doing is complaining about not having any money. The teachers are the worst. They pay almost nothing into their pensions and receive a crazy amount. I have a friend who’s mom is a teacher getting close to retirement and her pension is worth $1 Million….and they complain when they don’t get a raise? Many of us this year not only didn’t get a raise, we got a pay cut. Welcome to the REAL WORLD ladies and gentlemen.

Occupy is fueled by everyone who has feasted off of the money of people like me who have worked hard for years, earning a salary and paying taxes regularly. I have never taken a single check from the government except for a tax return on overpaid taxes; because yes I pay my taxes. So now that you selfish irresponsible ”citizens” have bled us dry, you are feeling our pain. But now because you can’t suck money from anyone else, it’s someone’s fault and you have to go protest about it. Anyone who says finding a job is hard is ridiculous. I have been offered 5 jobs in the past year. One I applied for when I moved and the rest came to me after I was hired, without me even looking for them. It’s only hard for felons and idiots. Or those of you who would rather stay in an expensive city like LA or New York and crowd with everyone else. I don’t think that is anyone else’s fault, is it?

25. @showme
    SEC. 1034. (4) Pg 571 Line 9-13 of HR1540 (currently being resolved of differences with S1867, in preperation for either signature by the president, or Overturn by the 77% of the House of Reps and the 90% of the Senate which supported it, since it only needs 66% to be able to be forced into passage without Presidential signature.)

9 the President’s authority pursuant to the
    10 Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law
    11 107–40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note) includes the authority
    12 to detain belligerents, including persons described in
    13 paragraph (3), until the termination of hostilities.

In short, it declares the ability to detain any person who is deemed to be an enemy of the state, according to the declaration under the ‘War on Terrorism”, as an enemy belligerent, indefinitely without trial until the cessation of hostilites against ‘terror’.
    Notice it does not say ”limited to persons described in paragraph (3)” but rather says ”including…”

26. Agreed says:

You’re right. We are no longer America, ”The Melting Pot.” We are America, ”The Sea of Sharks.”

What has happened is minority groups have cried discrimination and pulled the race card for so many years that not only were they given full rights, they were overcompensated for and given greater power than any normal American. Now all of these minority groups have taken and taken and forced things upon others that wouldn’t have been forced upon them. It has turned into an all out turf war. I have to be ok with a Mosque down in NY near the 9/11 site but the pledge of allegiance has been taken out of school because it has the word ”god” in it. Not only that but it is now acceptable to not stand for the National Anthem. It’s almost considered a bold statement that is respected.

All of those aforementioned issues are what is tearing America apart. They should all be crimes. We need to go back to our roots when we were happy and prospering. Decades ago anyone who didn’t stand for the Star Spangled Banner would have been locked up. It should be that way. Don’t come to a country and use it for everything it offers and not pay any respect. Completely ungrateful. Do you say thank you when you get a present on your birthday? Or do you just look at the person and walk away? No respect in America anymore. Selfish sharks

27. Mike n Ike says:

Bush set America up for failure. Obama has run it into the ground. I’m sure your dumbass will vote for him again. This forum will be reality by the end of his second term.

Thank you for ruining MY country. Voting for Obama again is going to do that.

28. Really Adam? says:

Adam are you serious? Do you even pay attention to anything that happens in America?

What was Obama’s famous campaign speech? Oh that’s right, ”I will have ALL TROOP withdrawn from the middle east within 12 months of my inauguration.”

What happened the following year? He followed Bush’s surge into Iraq and sent a surge into Afghanistan. Now tell me if I am wrong but I thought a surge is the exact opposite of withdraw. Silly me, I must be mistaken So the only war mongerer I see is Obama who is only 3 years late on his promise.

We don’t even need to get started on his socialist health care plan or how he would rather sell out his country to win votes. Oh you mean I can spend BILLIONS of dollars giving amnesty to illegals who are already stealing BILLIONS in under the table, non taxable income? Sure, why not. I mean it’s the ”moral” thing to do, right? So now we can be just as poor as them. Without giving ourselves the chance to recoup and then bring them into a better life. But hey, at least he will get to be president for another term….regardless of who he lies to and hurts.

Adam, I personally thank you for ruining MY country. I’m sure you will vote for Obama again. The occupy BS and this Bill isn’t half of what will happen in his 2nd term. Just watch. And thanks to people like you, our fate is locked. Good work….bravo

29. jow minga says:

shalom

first obama is not muslim, second he is converted to judaisme since he practiced our religion. thist seems american are stupid not to understand the gravity of what is coming to them. you will soon face civil war too.

30. You're silly says:

What does history class have to do with checks and balances? It’s simple political science. It’s not history because it is a current system.

BTW…this bill was snuck in the back door just like Obama did with his health care plan. I for one don’t agree with this and this is the biggest mistake the right has made all term.

I just want a few things: For it to be mandatory to have all American traditions back and English be the only language. By traditions I mean, ”So help me god” ”One nation under god”…stand for the anthem….the pledge is sung in schools….etc. This is America, founded on beliefs that once made us great. Since we have strayed from them, we have become lost. Bring them back. If you don’t want to pay your respect and pledge your allegiance, then get out because you are ungrateful. If I said to my grandmother after she gave me a present for Christmas, ”This is great! But I don’t have to say thank you, it’s my right.” She would spank my ass all the way out the door. Of course I wouldn’t say that though, I know better and could never be that disrespectful to anyone.

Also, unemployment needs to be lowered to 6 months and eventually to 3. Welfare recipients MUST take drug tests; the more frequent the better. And no amnesty for illegals UNTIL we get ourselves in check. We simply can’t afford to spend billions bringing them in when we are in this shape. They are also keeping millions out of jobs. We can bring them in when we aren’t bankrupt. Until then, sweep them out to give AMERICANS jobs. Those millions of jobs going to AMERICANS will begin to give billions in income tax that we aren’t getting from illegals.

And I keep hearing, ”They take all of the jobs Americans don’t want to do.” Not true because once those jobs open up, job placement agencies will start filling them in with people on the unemployment lists. And if those people don’t want to do them, then tough shit. No more unemployment for you. You see how all of this adds up to billions and billions and soon to trillions.

Enough with the catering. Time to start earning your stay folks.

31. DW #2 says:

I hope you weren’t referring to me about thinking we are there for oil.

I said that is not true. But even if it was….I told them to try living life without it while they complain about us being there for oil. They wouldn’t live.

But I KNOW we aren’t there for it. Many people forget when a group of people flew airplanes into buildings and killed thousands of people. Remember the news showing neighborhoods across the country with American flags raised in every yard? America had never been closer.

Then when Bush made his speech, ”On my orders, American forces have begun strikes on the Taliban Regime…..” The US was cheering for days, except for a small group of hippie liberals strung out on weed and LSD who complain about everything the government does. Then a year later, like every American is good for, people got tired of it. America has no dedication anymore. Not for anything. If someone doesn’t like their job, they’ll just quit and go collect unemployment. So now people are just tired of the war. What did they think? It would take a couple weeks?

Our country is doomed

32. Sista shaquita says:

Are you saying shut up because your president (who you voted for stricly because of his race) and his goons, who give you all of your welfare, are being criticised?

Go pump out more babies to get more money. And then when something doesn’t go your way, just pull the race card. It doesn’t matter if you take money from someone else’s pocket, it’s all about you.

Those ”racist white men” who ran America decades ago without this type of public had our country prospering. Now it’s all about the minorities and look where we are. We were the richest country in the world and now we are poor.

Does this not compute with any of you? There is no arguing it. You can’t even say I am ignorant for saying it. IT’S THE TRUTH. Thank you all for ruining this country, my home.

33. Allah Ahkbar and some other garbage says:

You are absolutely right. We honestly will face a civil war before my life is over.

And the generations of people that made America the most powerful and richest country in the world many decades ago, will be the last people standing.

There’s a reason those type of people were once and will again be in charge. And all of those who complained, have finally ruined everything they were given. I’m not talking about race, either, I’m talking about mentality. A certain type of people were the most powerful and smartest men in America. People cried and called them corrupt and racist. Well once the ‘people’ had their over powered freedom, they ruined this country. I mean absolutely ruined it. I thank today’s generation of 18-40 year olds. You are America’s cancer. (not all of you, just the liberals and the liberal leaning progressives)

I CAN’T WAIT! It will be such a better place when the filth is washed away.

***You can’t even argue with what I said either. Were we or were we not the greatest nation in the world many decades ago? What was the typical American religious and political belief? Now how does America run? And what is our financial and social state? You can’t fight the facts. It has officially played out, there’s no denying it. You all did a great job.***

34. Lay Low, stop posting. You're dumb says:

Ok you really need to stop posting here and get back to your own problems. You have just proven how ignorant you are and how you will make up anything to try and bash the US. We don’t care about you!

But just to explain why you are dumb:
    How does America steal vast amount of resources that other countries are more than happy to sell to us. Set the oil aside for a second. Yes, the oil we are still paying for by the barrel.

America’s biggest weakness is how we import EVERYTHING. Countries across the world are stimulated dramatically by Americas purchase of their resources. Name a country we just up and walked in and took all of their resources. I’m not even going to argue about oil because that is a totally different argument and we didn’t just walk in and take it. We are still paying a shit load for it.

America has been involved in many conflicts. Some just and others unjust. Unlike pussy Europe who couldn’t save itself from an army of 5 year old ballerinas. America refused to enter into WWII and it wasn’t until all countries of Europe crumbled to ONE dictator, that we HAD to step in. Otherwise, we were his next stop and by that point he would have been coming full steam. So you can thank us for that.

The last 2 desert wars we fought in were justified. Kuwait is a funded ally of the US. Sadam invaded their country and began burning THEIR only means of exportation. Without THEIR oil, THEY would be nothing and WE would be nothing. It was a lose-lose. Our hand was forced. Sadam was told not to do it and he did anyway so we came and kicked his arse. We saved ourselves from some serious trouble and Kuwait from being controlled by a madman who would have caused them to go broke after he took their livelihood.

And how about where we are now. Back in the 80′s Sadam used chemical weapons on his OWN people. Then when we wanted to send inspectors to prove he didn’t have any more, he refused. What were we supposed to think? And one regular morning turned into horror as men supported by Sadam hijacked airplanes and flew them into the sides of some big buildings. Thousands died. You know, the same Osama Bin Laden that years earlier tried to blow up the same buildings with a car bomb. What were we going to do, let him try again? Bush (even though he sucked as a president) played it cool and gave Sadam plenty of time to hand over Bin Laden. He refused to cooperate. We took out the dictator and FINALY, it took too long, took out the mad man Bin Laden. However, no one foresaw the Taliban becoming a guerrilla force that would fight like cowards and jeopardize the whole rebuilding process. They won’t even fight, they just place bombs and run away. Many pretend to be civilians and those who actually are civilians are threatened by them every day. Do you know what would happen if we just walked out of there right now? It would be worse than ever before. The Taliban would punish everyone who they knew had helped or even smiled at NATO forces.

Now we have Pakistan who basically harbored Bin Laden for who knows how long. They just announced they will fire at any NATO forces conducting operations over their borders. You know, the same borders that NATO forces watch Taliban cross back and forth over on a regular basis.

So, ”lay low” please refute every one of those reasons we went to war and tell me how you would have solved our problem. Because you are a world leader of a world power, you know what we should have done. So please tell me how a coward Euro would have done things. Given them some cheese and wine?

35. Say what? says:

Kyle, let us grownups talk. It is pretty sad that those are your writing skills at the age of 18. You definitely need college.

So…..Just do what everyone else does. Take out a Federal Student Aid loan. Also file for a couple of grants. Then go to college on the governments dime (my tax dollars). Once you start school, file for unemployment so you can have plenty of beer money and party through college.

Finally, IF you graduate. Gather in protest and complain to the government that you are poor. Meanwhile you have a brand new iPhone in your hand, taking protest videos, and a nice LCD flat screen TV at home…..but not a cent of that student loan (my tax dollars) are paid back.

That’s what 80% of the college students participating in the Occupy bullshit have done. It’s the new American way. Take money from others and then complain when you don’t get any more.

36. Say what? says:

Kyleeeeee………you need some serious writing skills! Just don’t even type anymore until you learn how to express your thoughts. No one knows what the hell you are saying.

But this is another prime example of a ‘great’ American.

You complain about being broke and the mean old government not giving you anything but look how educated you are. Did you even finish high school? Or did you go the ‘cool’ way and get a GED? That’s some serious 6th grade talent my friend. No wonder you are broke. Who would hire you when you write like that on a job application.

But it’s not your fault is it?

37. schizflux says:

> I have been offered 5 jobs in the past year.

what kind of jobs? in what industry? just curious.

38. If you truly believe you have ”rights” you’re sadly mistaken. Once again, history, folks, is THE most important subject and points us to lessons most Americans are sadly negligent of. Ask the *Americans* of Japanese descent how well their ”rights” served them when they were hoarded up like animals and locked up in concentration camps. Wasn’t so long ago that happened. They had ”rights” and it did little good. George Carlin was and is right; we don’t have rights, but privileges, and they remain so until the evil empire just takes them away. Get ready, cuz the big hurt is upon us, and with Europe roiling away, the ticking time bomb is set. It’s just a matter of time, and believe me, if you thought 2008 was wild, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

39. "Vernon is silly" is right says:

Exactly >.>…. the article doesn’t even have the quote from the bill, let alone a summary of what it says. It is pretty general on what it says.

40. Whoever the Senator or Legislator was that introduced this Bill should be prosecuted for Treason to these United States. Our Military Leadership is held under oath to protect the Constitution/ us from all enemies of this Country Foreign & Domestic. This person or these people are no doubt enemies of these United States of America. Outrageous

41. I pledge alegience to the fags, of the usa…and to the republic for which it stands …one nation
    Under … with justice for all!

42. Michael says:

BRAVO USA! YOU FUCKED IT AGAIN FOR EVERYBODY! BRAVO! CORPO-NATION!

43. Acress says:

Though I can not deny that things are changing… This article is over exagerating. Have you noticed that it only paraphrases bits and pieces of the amendment? ” ending the bill of rights”? Come on. Violating maybe. But that was an unneeded exageration

44. Morgan says:

Wow. So basically, Jamie is saying we should stop arguing about petty differences and come together. Then Agreed comes in and makes a whole bunch of incredibly racist and downright ignorant comments in response. Agreed, you are totally and completely missing the point.

45. Foxxy Little Lady says:

I think that anyone whom does not inform themselves regarding this matter by actually reading the 926 pages of this bill should realize that not only is it our right to be informed, it is our RESPONSIBILITY to be informed. Don’t just be lazy and let someone else do the interpreting for you, actually take the time to at least read the section titles (i.e. table of contents) in order to narrow your search, find the section you think contains pertinent information, open another tab with dictionary.com on it to ensure your translation of the legal jargon is accurate, and ensure the information has been interpreted correctly on your own. The saddest thing we can do as citizens with the right to access this kind of information is become blinded sheep following a Shepard who incorrectly interprets this information for us.

46. it’s soooo boring to keep reading how this is Obama’s doing! one really does not have to step back too far to really see the big picture here, and it’s not any one person or any one party doing this. you honestly think that once Obama is out of office, everything will return to freewheeling good times and freedom and jobs for all? anyone that believes that has to be so utterly moronic that they WILL NOT wake up until they themselves are being carted off to a prison during a Republican’s term in office!

it’s really terribly sad… BUT, this is the exact reason that this stuff is happening now and why it will not stop: because there are still a lot of people that are convinced that their side is better! Sadly juvenile perspective!! well, I got news for you: the Controllers are in both parties and NO parties.

47. Daniel says:

Bullshit. They can have you elect any puppet they want, why would they needs dictatorship? Really, you people fell for the emptiest of promises. ”Hope and chane”, come on these are place holders not even complete slogans.

”we need something that signifies hope, you know to convey the people voting for our candidate will bring change”

”eh, what about ‘hope and change’ ”

”don’t be an idiot”

”no aim serious, people have an attention span of a few seconds, they’ve been dumbed down sufficiantly by mass media for this to work. We should try.”

”you know son, you may be on to something…”

48. thats cool come and get me then.

49. Humberto says:

I hope this wakes you up to the message of Ron Paul. The only real defender of the Constitution.

50. i was judged on my grammer earlier wtf america is that what its all about to judge hope you like being judged in a cell and ass rapped im leaving god help us all

51. idiots, all of you says:

wow – some of you have been hitting the propagandad pipe HARD.

bit of advice for those of you making political rants… If you come across as an illiterate fuck who can’t even be bothered to spell check – no one will take you seriously.

The back-woods thinking some of you are showing is pretty sad.

52. christine says:

Well, way to go US!! I wonder; does this bill that our ”Government” is trying to pass limited to just us ”po” folks and old people ??? Or does include even the wealthiest citizens too? Further more, while I am at it; WTFs next? Everybody and Anybody that has any common sense left watch your back, you never know ”Who” is doing what now a days.Makes you think that you should watch what you write on the computer or say out loud in public, Ohhhhhhhhhh wait, I am on the computer, that’s right come get me guys. When it comes down to it I have only my father to answer to. In all I’m not shakin’ in my shoes and they will never see me sweat!

53. The sad thing here is that barely any of you read the bill. It’s honestly mostly budgeting and the normal military guidelines.

54. David says:

”Mostly”, Rick. That’s the key word. Did you read these sections?

Subtitle C—Intelligence Matters
    Sec. 921. Expansion of authority for exchanges of mapping, charting, and geo-
    detic data to include nongovernmental organizations and aca-
    demic institutions.
    Sec. 922. Facilities for intelligence collection or special operations activities
    abroad.
    Sec. 923. Ozone Widget Framework.
    Sec. 924. Plan for incorporation of enterprise query and correlation capability
    into the Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise.
    Subtitle D—Cybersecurity Matters
    Sec. 931. Strategy to acquire capabilities to detect previously unknown cyber
    attacks.
    Sec. 932. Program in support of Department of Defense policy on sustaining
    and expanding information sharing.

55. There is no need to get so upset over this. There is no need to worry. The day that the military starts shooting people is the day that we can start talking like this and fighting back but until then we need to have faith in our government and elect the right people who will revise these laws if there are any flaws to them. We also need to read the actual information instead of getting it from a ”news” source.

56. Outsider says:

You need to wake up fast. Do not have faith in your government, because it is not for the people. It only serves the few in the elite. It is a ruthless machine that cares about money, not the people, sadly.

57. Answer says:

It’s not that that the current state of America was started by Obama. We started hurting years ago when Clinton send major mfg companies overseas. Then Bush set us up for failure with his wonderful presidency. However, Bush set it up….Obama ran us straight into the ground.

No one argues that as soon as Obama is gone, things will be better. It’s the fact that even after Bush’s shitty job, he has put MORE debt and spent MORE money his first term than Bush did in 2.

As far as jobs go, that should have been Obama’s greatest focus during his presidency. He has not created any jobs for anyone. The final nail in the coffin for me is that he not only hasn’t created jobs, he is trying to hurt the job market even more by selling out our country by promising illegals amnesty all for votes. It’s extremely selfish. Both party’s political news commentators have said, Obama KNOWS he is not a good President for America and is not very popular. Because of this, he is scheming for the Hispanic vote. He is literally selling us out just so he can be president again. Even though he knows, we know, and he knows we know that he is not a good economist nor has any good foreign policies. He passed over the drilling for oil which would have brought in Billions to America and instead tried to push his Go Green trash.

It has been said and might be true, he is one of the US worst presidents ever.

58. Morgan is silly says:

Apparently you are missing the point. Nothing in the previous statement is racist. Speaking the truth of the way the country has acted is racist?

Here’s a fact. Ohio State University’s Dental school, one of the largest in the nation, has over 1700 applicants each class and only 315 seats. Ohio State as a whole has decided that they want to focus on more African American and Hispanic acceptances than Asians and Whites. White males are now only guaranteed 30% of the seats for that program. I have a friend who is much farther ahead of me who applied with a 3.75 GPA. He went and took his DAT (dental application test) with his African American female friend who had a 3.4 GPA. He scored higher than she did. Not saying she did bad, but he did better. Guess who got accepted. Not him. How is that fair?

So now we are making people doctors not because of their talents but because of their race. Another story, Dayton, OH was on the news about 4-5 months ago when it was announced that they are throwing out the entrance exam for becoming a police officer and only doing interviews because the state feels there are not enough African Americans on the force. Many were called back who had previously FAILED the test, not even scored high enough to apply and they were hired. A month later a mentally disabled child was maced, hog tied, and throw in the back of a police car while he was playing outside in front of his home. His mother and the neighbors came out trying to explain his condition but the officer wouldn’t listen. His reasoning……”He was disrespecting me.” Because of the child’s disability and its associated speech impediment, the officer thought the child was taunting him, or disrespecting him. A direct result of a failed system.

Now when referring to Jamie’s ”come together with limited government” post. That is what progressive America has lost sight of. They want government aid around every corner. Some want health care, others want more welfare and unemployment benefits, housing opportunities, tax deductions for the lower 50% (who by the way only pay 2% of America’s income taxes!) This large government involvement is partially responsible for why the Feds have become so powerful to write up bills like this. At this point, we almost have no statehood anymore

How is this relevant to the aforementioned ”racism” which is the farthest thing from racism I have ever seen. The two stories above I told you about must be racist x20 then, but I don’t consider them to be because it is the truth. I hear many progressives who are anti gun as well as against other constitutional amendments say, ”The constitution was signed in the late 1700′s, it doesn’t apply to modern America.” The sad thing is, the more we have deviated from traditional American traditions and tendencies, the more distant our country has become. Decades ago when immigrants flooded to Ellis island, they came for a better life and all had something to contribute. Now they want to PUSH their beliefs on everyone and some still try and complain of oppression. Many Americans just want things to be like America has been since it was born. Which is having no problem with individual beliefs and traditions. Just as long as they aren’t forced upon anybody.

Again, minority groups have fought hard in the 2000′s to get many things. The whole PC issue is garbage because it only applies to traditional America, not anyone else. Since those values have been lost, America has come into debt and in constant conflict externally and most importantly, internally. Is it false? Absolutely not. And if you think it’s racist it’s probably only because you think it is coming from a white man…..and you are the exact problem we have keeping us from being united. Have your church, have your holidays, have your clothing….just don’t take MY pledge of allegiance out of MY children’s’ schools, don’t take MY god out of MY national anthem, and don’t take the meaning out of MY holidays. Why does PC say Merry Christmas is wrong, you have to say Happy Holidays? The Holiday is celebrating the birth of Christ. So what F*cking ”Holiday” are you celebrating if you don’t believe in him? Just celebrating because it is winter? And I am not referencing to the Jews either because they do get recognition for having a real holiday during this time of the year and I respect them for that. They have had a tradition and have followed it. Now minority groups who don’t believe in Christmas make me not say it. Absolute BS. These traditions were here long before them, you, me, anybody. Stop trying to take them away. They are ours. It’s what started America. If you don’t like it, leave. But let us have OUR holidays and beliefs, we aren’t hurting you anymore than you are hurting me with your holidays and beliefs……That’s all any American wants and no one is willing to give.

These are the reasons why we aren’t united. No one can understand this and compromise.

59. Fuck David says:

David, this is why your country sucks and ours is great. This is why your country can’t stop focusing and talking about us.

No one cares about you and your little worthless country. Oh you have some nice monuments? Neat! NO ONE IN THE WORLD CARES ABOUT YOU!!!! That is why you focus on us so much to write shit like that.

Face it, we will always be better than you. Even if our entire country loses all of its money, has no power, and has to eat out of trash cans…..we are still better than you.

You’re a queer. Nice name, ”David.” In America, men are called ‘Dave’. Homosexuals are called David. But I guess that is why you are pledging your allegiance to fags.

Have fun plugging butt holes you poop dick waste of life

60. Steven Fittro says:

If you are taking this seriously, WITHOUT, looking into, investigating on your own then go back under your rock. With that being said, your rights as an American have slowly been changed and in some cases entirely eliminated. If that surprises you go back under your rock. If President Dumbass Bush did his job when 9/11 happened the Towers would still be standing. How many times do you have to say ”all I want to do is fly the plane, not take off or land just fly” before doing something? Also, remember HIS father the first Bush said that we were coming into a New World Order, welcome. We are here and have been here for long time.

61. Another dumb european named Michael says:

Michael,

Do you even know what this bill is about? Why do you European faggets continue to focus so much on America. Oh, I know! Because your lives are pointless. We are so interesting to you and your lives are so dull that you can’t stop talking about us. Seriously, your biggest event out there is soccer… AKA Football. Soccer in America gets no attention because it’s boring as hell. Yet it is still a huge hit in Europe. Watching some dudes running around on a field for 90 minutes to watch a tie game 0-0. Again, pointless….just like your lives.

You just said, ”YOU FUCKED IT AGAIN FOR EVERYBODY!” This Bill has nothing to do with anyone but people in America. So who did we, ”Fucked it”? No one in the entire world besides those living in America are impacted by this.

So yet again, Europeans embarrass themselves because their lives are so empty and pitiful that they can’t stop focusing on someone else. You couldn’t even take the time to figure out what this was about and went ahead and spoke out anyway. Now you look stupid because your comment has no relevancy. But Europe has always looked stupid. Since America had to save your ass in WWII. We should have left all of you queers to live under Hitlers rule. None of you gay boys would be alive. Our mistake….we did, ”Fucked it again for everybody!” back then.

62. reply says:

2 were various administrative positions at a couple nearby state Universities. I’m not sure why because although I have done administrative work, nothing with universities…other than attending as a student. As far as the other 3, one was for a local private practice, one at the VA med center, and the 3rd at the local city hospital. My prior work involved training with the CDC, OSHA, and EPA for regulatory compliance standards. In Oklahoma I was in charge of infection control policies and standards for a hospital. Writing and enforcing asepsis policies, performing inspections, following up on any incidents, briefing staff or OSHA/CDC inspectors on any trend statistics or areas of concern.

If you have seen the movie, ”Contagion” it kind of has to do with some things I work on. Like when she explains every so many seconds some one touches their face, then sneezes, then touches a door knob, then shakes hands, and so on and so on. Those are the things in a hospital setting that have guidelines set in place to prevent the transmission of any potential pathogen. And I’m the one who makes/changes/ updates them. Like getting sinks installed with foot controls instead of handles to turn on the water so staff don’t contaminate their hands touching the handles is a basic example.

Anyway, much more than you asked for but I am a little wired tonight so I’m hoping to fall asleep soon.

My point is, those 2 university positions were way out of my normal line of duty and I’m not even sure how or why they chose me. The other 3 are obvious why I would be sought to work. The private practice just wanted someone with experience to take a look at their written policies for correctness and make updates because they were getting a OSHA inspector visit soon and that’s an inspectable item.

It’s not hard getting a job. If you can’t get one, you’re in the wrong city or you are undesirable for one reason or another. I have felt I worked hard during my life. But there have also been points where I was a lazy POS. Either way, I’ve never had trouble finding work and I don’t just think I’m ‘lucky’.

63. Hate to admit it says:

Don,

I hate to admit it but azas is right. I don’t know wtf prompted this but it was an awful decision. But yes, Obama still sucks. He still hasn’t stopped the war like he promised he would within 12 months of his inauguration. He still followed in Bush’s footsteps and has put us in greater debt and spent more in 1 term than bush did in 2 terms. He still hasn’t created any jobs. And he still is prancing around promoting his Green campaign instead of giving the ”Green” light to start drilling and begin putting BILLIONS in America’s pockets.

64. I hate Europe says:

Madaleine,

Americans will never ”run” anywhere. We aren’t like you Europeans who run from every controversy that comes our way.

We always prevail. This economy and current state are very rough waters and may take decades to get past. But even if a civil war starts, we will never flee.

But let us know if you guys are unable to solve anymore problems that you would like America to fix for you. Then you can act ungrateful about it years later, like it never happened.

…..Silly Euros who think America cares what they think about us. Their lives are so worthless they can’t keep their mind off of us.

65. I hate Europe says:

I am right there with you

66. Cryle says:

It’s because you logged on here, Kyle, and began whining about how you can’t pay your bills but weren’t even articulate enough to make any sense. Do you think you are the only one with bills? No one on here complains about bills, it’s a given. Some complain about jobs, others complain about rights; political things. Bills are not politics; they’re responsibilities. Yes the poor economy affects your bills but basically it was like saying, ”I looked up at the sky today and it was blue. The sky was blue!” ….Except with terrible grammer

Yes, we know. We ALL know.

But in all seriousness….really learn how to write, man. For an 18 year old….that’s bad.

I do love, however, when you try to sound all moral in the beginning of your post and then show your true immature 18 year old colors when you start talking about ass rape.

Nicely done Cryle

67. schizflux says:

I do not know what the definition of impunity is operative in this law. Generally, impunity means ”exemption from punishment or loss or escape from fines”. ”the impossibility, de jure or de facto, of bringing the perpetrators of violations to account – whether in criminal, civil, administrative or disciplinary proceedings – since they are not subject to any inquiry that might lead to their being accused, arrested, tried and, if found guilty, sentenced to appropriate penalties, and to making reparations to their victims.”

Diplomatic immunity: from wiki

In January 1997, in the U.S., the Deputy Ambassador of the Republic of Georgia, Gueorgui Makharadze, caused an accident that injured four people and killed a 16-year-old girl. He was found to have a blood-alcohol level of 0.15% but was released from custody because he was a diplomat.

68. The longer we wait to act the less time we have to make changes the time is now the people need to unite because the government is no longer looking out for their people they’re only looking out for them selves they crave power and power only breeds destruction and fear in those who get in the way of the people who hunger for it, when individuals optain power they are consumed by it power should be controlled by the people as a whole not by 1 man or a group of men who only seek power for there own gain but! Ask yourself what are you to your government? what power do you have over them & power they have over you? Open your mind!

69. ANTHONY DIAZ says:

I cannot speak for anyone else nor can I tell anyone else what to think but I will say this, I have been in the military for over 18 years. I have done 6 combat tours in the Middle East and Afghanistan combined. I have served with every branch of service in some way shape or form in combat. I have seen my friends die in combat and I have seen my friend kill in combat. I believe I can say without any hesitation that if anyone I served with was asked to execute an American who was not guilty of treason or of killing another American….no one I have ever served with would do it. Do not confuse ”your” military for a group of assassins who will simply kill without thought. If anything today’s military thinks twice shoots once.
    I believe and this is my personal opinion not the opinion of anyone else. But I believe that this bill will allow the military to become more involved in actively protecting good Americans that want a good life her in the United Stated and are not out to hurt other Americans who believe the wars going on in the Middle East are illegal. Think about how many United States citizens have converted in our country and have actively spoke out in threat to other Americans. These are American citizens not people from other countries. These are your neighbors not someone a 100 miles away. That is the purpose of this law…to target those individuals.

70. Jacob says:

Before you get the notion that the military will be running rampant through the streets killing everyone, you have to realize that the military is there for ”us” every citizen is being protected by the military. Also every member of the military is an American first, these fears are wrongly based and are actually quite humorous to me. I’m not worried about anything and neither should you, if anything this bill is an improvement, you’ll see what I mean in the future.

71. Kelly says:

Anthony Diaz, the ”I was just following orders” defense and the tendency for group think to override rational decision making say otherwise. But it’s nice you think you would never do something horrific just because you were told to.

72. Pocho says:

The passage of this bill is just a precautionary measure for the upcoming Bluebeam events. If you don’t know what Bluebeam is or how it will change your life, you had better look it up. It is not science fiction. It has been in the planning phase for the last 40 years.

73. The New World Order is happening, the antichrist is rising to power, though we cannot ID him yet we will be able to very soon.

Jesus is coming soon

74. WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE ACTION NOW, BEFORE IT SI TOO LATE. THERE ARE MORE OF US AND LESS OF THEM! FUCK THE ILLUMINATI, FUCK N.W.O. FUCK THE GOVERNMENT/HIGHER POWER’ LIES AND CHEATS. FUCK THIS SYSTEM AND WE NEED TO OPEN OUR FUCKING EYES, NOW!

75. Agreed says:

Anthony,

I agree with everything in your post and it was well said. Many people are ignorant about the military and act like they are some foreign entity that they never come in contact with. Military members are just like any other person. Depending on where you live, you will pass by some on a daily basis or once every month or two; and have no idea. Because they are no different from any other American. They take family vacations so many of you have probably shared a beach or cruise with them. They live in local neighborhoods. They buy from the same dealerships and grocery stores are you. And just like you, their families are the most important thing in their lives. If America started going crazy and the military was told to start doing some immoral and basically illegal acts, their first thought would be of their families safety and would be by their side protecting them instead of acting out heinous acts.

The sad part is that the rules of engagement are more strict for the military in a combat zone than they are for Cops in America. The military only shoots once they are fired upon. A Cop can shoot you at the sight of a weapon, whether that be a gun, knife, or a frying pan that they felt ‘threatened’ by. I wouldn’t hesitate to think local police forces would enforce more of these type actions than the military would. Military members are trained to LOVE America and hate their enemy. Cops are taught to be suspicious of everyone and act aggressive towards them to show power. You see it every day and it is getting worse all of the time. It’s almost like local police forces WANT to be some sort of special tactical Military operator and try their best to be like them. It’s unnecessary and they start making reckless decisions. My biggest fear is of a cop coming into or by my house and shooting my dog, who I love so much, because my dog was running up to him to start licking him. They are itching to shoot all of the time and use harmless dogs as an excuse; like they’re less of a loss than a human. Very seldom is one of those family friends, that cops have shot, threatening to them. Most of the time they are running up to play. Even if a dog were to attack, they wouldn’t kill on the first bite. I would wait until I got bit before drawing my weapon and shooting……..OK that was way off topic but I really am scared of an overzealous cop shooting my dog. I don’t even know how I would react. I may go to jail for life because my dog is literally my best friend. No one else is as faithful as he is and I just wish I was half the man he thought I was.

But Anthony, 100 miles away isn’t far. That’s the size of a few neighboring cities, not even a state. Your reference was more along the lines of 7,000+ miles away

76. The rights of the americans are being slowly taken away
    American started out as a lamb like beast in character but it slowly
    Becoming fully beast. People need to read their bible and live for christ second coming.

77. fuck you says:

FUCK YOU

78. FOR FUCKS SAKE, READ PEOPLE.

SECTION 1032 OF THE BILL:

(B-1)

79. Tom,

(b) COVERED PERSONS.—A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
    (1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
    (2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

”Associated forces” and ”any person who has committed a belligerent act” or ”has directly supported such hosilities in aid of such enemy forces.” Enemy forces are anyone against the US Government. They call us ”home grown terrorists” or ”domestic terrorists” if we agree with Ron Paul or the Tea Party. Anyone who opposes the government of which they will simply label a ”domestic terrorist” at the discression of the President and imprison.

80. Cracking One Off In My Pants says:

I reckon the Space Lizards did it. It says so in the bible… and in the Twilight books (but only people with magic powers can read that bit)

81. Ray Rix says:

Much as anything there is a large amount of fear mongering going on however that said it’s still a bad idea. The military is by definition in place to protect the country and it’s government, the police are in place to protect people. Once these lines are blurred providing the military with more authority domestically over it’s own citizens, and no matter what arguments I’ve read the bill does do that, the people then transitively become enemy’s of the state when there is no need for that.

82. Ariana says:

Our rights have long since been taken away, this is them solidifying their power. No matter how we vote on it I can bet that bill will still pass.

83. Moses McDoodle says:

Leave it up to the media to make something sound worse than it is, nothing like this is ever going to happen. The Senate knows if this were to take place, the country would fall apart.

84. Julian b says:

If you believe this crap. Off yourself.

85. Dovakiin says:

”(Sec. 1032) Requires U.S. Armed Forces to hold in custody pending disposition a person who was a member or part of al Qaeda or an associated force and participated in planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners. Authorizes the Secretary to waive such requirement in the national security interest. Makes such requirement inapplicable to U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful resident aliens. Outlines implementation procedures.”

Right in the goddamn bill.

86. Rebecca says:

I’m 16 years old in high school and yet I can see things you can’t were suppose to have freedom and rights. Well they’re being taken away by our own people we need to get rid of electoral collages they throw in votes for who they want NOT for who the state picked its about time the heart of America stood up its people not government yes we have check and balance but that only works if we make it. ”By the People for the people !” We need new leaders people who we know and can trust. There are so very few of the good ones left. I think Oboma needs to go as well he isn’t helping us,but hurting us. I love our soldiers all of them, but there has to be a limit… Congress passes this bill it will be the death of the nation all hell will break loose fear is a big thing.

87. ordinary says:

what makes you tards think that they need a bill to lock you up or torture you lmfao what you think your free or something that’s funny we are already slaves and you tarts don’t even know it that’s the greatest part hahahaha

88. Kstarcher says:

Yep I am so glad my family fought and died for their freedom, to later have it yanked from under them. I might as well pack my family and go back over to Europe were we had originated from. With every president and every rich, retarded, no good, egotistical politian out there, the US is going to hell in a hand basket. Give it another 5-10 years and we wont be any better than third world countries who are in poverty and dying from starvation. In no time other countries will be seeing us on those ” send only $0.50 and day to save a child” ads. I find it funny that when something bad happens in another country (i.e Japan and the carribean) the US is the first to help and send money. But where are the other countries to return the favor to us when it happens, no one was there to help us when 9/11 happened I didn’t see or hear about other countries coming to our aid or sending us money, so why the hell should we help other countries. When we (the US) needs it more. Charity starts at home, before helping everyone else we need to help ourselves first. We need to stand together and hold our ground against the Senate, House of Rep., Congress and the President himself and say ” Stop F*&$king up our country!” what they are doing isn’t helping anyone but themselves. How are we benifiting from having our writes taken from us. They are already limiting our freedom to speech and religion and they are trying to take away the right to petition the goverment and to assemble. Soon it’ll be taking away the Freedom to press and to bear arms. The goverment has completely gone away with the 10th Amendment which states ”Limits the powers of the federal government to those delegated to it by the Constitution”. But no matter how much we complain and hate the goverment there’s nothing that we can do except to sit back and watch the S**t hit the fan, or move out of the country and come reclaime it again for ourselves in a few hundred years after the goverment has fallen and the people have to live off the earth once more.

89. Where in the bill does it says this I’ve read it do t see it. Now I did see it I. The 2007 bill the. It was overturned. But in reality the patriot act and the war on drugs did that anyway.

90. Close... says:

Rebecca,

It’s not that our military has too many people. The military has been down sizing for the last few years. Attrition rates are high as deployments are constant and people are getting tired of seeing their families for 2 months a year.

Many arguments involving DOD is the spending. Spending on the equipment and support that our troops need is very important. But there IS a lot of reckless and unnecessary spending. We can’t completely stop with exploration of new technology (it was the DOD that created the Internet after all) but there are many avenues that we never should have followed, where millions were spent just to have programs die. DOD leadership is at fault for these things and it sickens me. The average US troop gets minimal pay, nothing compared to their civilian counterpart, with little benefits. The way Liberal America is, troops don’t even get the gratitude they once had. Meanwhile, leaders are taking private flights all across the world. Going wherever they feel. Making absurd amounts of money.

My first 4 years in the military netted me an average of $23K a year. I could have very well doubled that working in the civilian world. But it is what we love to do. It’s just sad we now have a terrible reputation and worse leadership. They care little about their personnel and spend more in a quarter than we receive in a year.

I am all for limiting DOD budget. But my only problem is, that I KNOW it will be the hard working troops that hurt the most. Leaders won’t even be touched and they will take away from us to supplement their budgets. It’s not even stipulation, it’s a guarantee. That is why I can’t condone a DOD cut. Because the average troop will take a big hit. It’s one thing to take away extraneous spending but another to take away pay and benefits for those who not only earn them, they desperately NEED them. It’s just too bad our nations power is filled with people who don’t give a shit about their people.

91. Mexican? says:

And you are exactly America’s problem…..you and everyone like you. You disagree with probably 90% of others opinions, just for the sake of disagreeing. And instead of voicing a justification why with articulate input, you say some stupid shit like that.

Go play in traffic, Juilan B…..iatch

92. The guy above me (not jacob) is an idiot says:

Fuck you,

You really need to just go play in traffic, run around on a gravel drive way with a gun in your mouth, go OD on drugs, jump off of a tall building, drink poison, and/or many other things to rid us of your presence. Anyone who honestly sits there and giggles to themselves, alone in their mothers basement, writing shit like that on a news board is a god damn loser and should not even breathe.

What do you offer society? I mean really? That is the only bullshit you can come up with? On a thread like this? There are so many political opinions you could voice but instead you write, ”Fuck you”. You’re an idiot. You obviously have absolutely no political knowledge what-so-ever and probably have little knowledge about anything else. You are a loser, it is evident by your post. I’m sure you are collecting unemployment or welfare. And if you’re too young, you most likely will. Please do us a favor and rid our society of your filth. You will just leach off of taxpayers money and continue spreading this type of trash like a rampant disease.

To: Fuck you……..FUCK YOU

93. Bravo says:

Bravo! I agree completely. Charity starts at home.

There are so many people worried about providing aid to others and our poor neighbors down south in need. WE ARE IN NEED! We can’t help others unless we help ourselves! I am all for giving aid and helping people out, but you are right….we need to stop for a moment, catch our bearings, and start producing again before we can rush to everyone’s aid.

You are also right on about never getting help from others. We were the first to offer help to Japan after the disaster; who ever offered us aid after 9/11? How many of our allies refused to help us catch Bin Laden? It seems everyone else puts on a smile and makes promises of helping each other out but never follows through. America needs to get that message too.

As far as our politicians go that are running America into the ground, we also have some select people who are just to blame. There are so many collecting free checks and at the same time asking for more. They are the same ones who protest the border patrol. They receive other’s money and then want them to give out their money to people who aren’t even registered. We lose BILLIONS a year in income taxes from under the table illegal workers. They also take millions of jobs from those who are on unemployment. With the only argument, ”we do the jobs they don’t like.” Not so….job placement agencies could easily fill those positions and if someone on unemployment were to say, ”No. I don’t want to do that.” Then the reply is, ”Ok. That is just fine. But there is a job available that you have turned down. Your unemployment now ends today. Have a nice day!” It’s as simple as that. We WORK to earn what we receive.

I know many have a hard time finding jobs but I have not had many problems. Does it take some more searching than it did a decade ago? You bet. But it is not impossible. And I am the type of person who will be living out of their car before asking for free money from someone else. It’s just too bad not many others feel the same. Those who are collecting, making babies for checks, and using tax dollars are just as much to blame as the poor leadership we have right now. We need changes at the top and changes at the bottom. Because it is us in the middle who are hurting more than anyone else.

94. A what? says:

What is a tart?

95. Brent H says:

Hmm, well well this is a problem wouldn’t you say? I’ve simply given up on this little country of ours but I will say this. I do respect the military but if push comes to shove better be careful might piss off the wrong people (Not me I simply don’t care)… Meh, next Civil War or would you call it the next Revolutionary War? Either way both wars was about freedom and power (Don’t you dare get started on the slave crap) oh well best of luck to you America

96. We r the frogs in the pot slowly being boiled alive by a simmering flame on the stove…

97. Joe Vinson says:

”If you come across as an illiterate fuck who can’t even be bothered to spell check – no one will take you seriously.”
    does that count for the propagandad pipe, too?

98. Faye Marie Constantino says:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c112:1:./temp/~c112jviacx:e458336: Read the applicable part of the bill, it wasn’t easy to find if you click on the links but here’s the important part: (b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-
    (1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
    (2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

99. Faye Marie Constantino says:

oh, and a P.S. this specifically applies to a certain group of People, not just anyone: SEC. 1032. REQUIREMENT FOR MILITARY CUSTODY.

(a) Custody Pending Disposition Under Law of War-
    (1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (4), the Armed Forces of the United States shall hold a person described in paragraph (2) who is captured in the course of hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) in military custody pending disposition under the law of war.
    (2) COVERED PERSONS- The requirement in paragraph (1) shall apply to any person whose detention is authorized under section 1031 who is determined–
    (A) to be a member of, or part of, al-Qaeda or an associated force that acts in coordination with or pursuant to the direction of al-Qaeda; and
    (B) to have participated in the course of planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners.
    (3) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR- For purposes of this subsection, the disposition of a person under the law of war has the meaning given in section 1031(c), except that no transfer otherwise described in paragraph (4) of that section shall be made unless consistent with the requirements of section 1033.
    (4) WAIVER FOR NATIONAL SECURITY- The Secretary of Defense may, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, waive the requirement of paragraph (1) if the Secretary submits to Congress a certification in writing that such a waiver is in the national security interests of the United States. It’s about people who is captured during hostilities and who attacked or attempted to attack the United States, specifically supporting al-Qaeda etc. Please read some more of this document as it also bans sexual assault on children by the military personnel among other atrocities.

100. @ Faye Marie Constantino: What you fail to see is that elsewhere in the bill they have sneakily snuck in language that declares it CAN apply to American citizens.

And as to ”Covered Persons” — further language so vaguely articulated that it could apply to anyone. Anyone SUSPECTED, not proven, to be involved in ”terrorist” activities, as determined by the DHS which could mean anything, up for interpretation.

101. M Nguyen says:

In regards to this: Please help voice your mind and sign the petition to hopefully stop this ACT in it’s tracks…

102. Ben Keen says:

American military did not invent the Internet. Just thought I’d let you know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee

103. Thomas Smith says:

Just thought I would let you know, you are incorrect…. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET
    The web is really just a subset of internet capability using the http protocol…

The internet really was born in the 50′s and 60′s with DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) leading the way. This is LONG before 1989

104. Thomas Smith says:

I believe this… Possibly because I actually read and pay attention to what my lawmakers are passing in my name.

But, I would much prefer to ”Off” you… That should cause a noticeable rise in the overall I.Q. of the planet.

105. Thomas Smith says:

Funny thing that…
    Democracy dies with a whimper… killed by a million paper cuts.
    I used to believe that my government would just randomly listen to my phone calls…Then they did.
    I used to believe that my government would never use torture…Then they did.
    I used to believe that my government would never use propaganda on its own people…Then they did.

I personally am very afraid of all the things that I believe my government would not do…

106. Ben Keen says:

Sorry, meant to write the Web. Slightly different.

107. Thomas Smith says:

No prob… Just keepin’ ya honest. ;)

108. Thomas Smith says:

Very well said.

109. Thomas Smith says:

Well, I personally agree that the Tea Party are anti-American and ”domestic terrorists”, but they are Americans none-the-less. That said, this bill disgusts me and brings shame to the government and the military.

110. Thomas Smith says:

Yes Tom,
    We know… But we also read the conflicting (and much broader) definition of covered person. This section that says it does not extend to citizens of the United States is overshadowed and easily argued to be over-ruled by the covered persons clause.

So, in your words… FOR FUCK SAKE, READ PEOPLE.

And it might help just a little to try to think like a lawyer.

111. Thomas Smith says:

Well, since I disagree with their policies, I apparently could be considered their enemy. Forget that I am an American citizen. Forget that I believe in due process… Actually, don’t forget that. Don’t EVER forget that. Due process (or lack thereof) is EXACTLY why this sickens me.

112. Marcus R. says:

Okay many of you will probably call me an idiot for even Bringing up a videogame in this board but, seriously, look up information on the game Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Patriots. You will get me once you read the overall situation in it.

113. Sam Torren says:

@Say What: You’re a fucking prick. Give the kid a break, your English skills aren’t so hot either. Try proofreading before posting. Oh, and take that broomstick out of your ass.

114. Thomas Smith says:

So, you’re a grown-up huh? I grown-up what? Moron? Willingly ignorant?
    Well, regardless of what it is that you think you are a grown-up of, your viewpoints appear to based on a lot of false premises (actually, almost all of what you posted seems like a pretty twisted perspective based on things you might have been told, but are just plain lies). I support kyle. Well, at least kind-of. I support his right to protest something that he believes is wrong. I support his desire to make accountable the ”privileged”.
    I am part of the 99% (though apparently only like 3% of it). Truthfully, anyone that doesn’t support the occupy movement (at least a little) is apparently a) part of the privileged b) part of the people that the privileged have conned into dragging themselves and everyone else down.

115. Thomas Smith says:

Umm… So you know… That holiday would be yule. And as far as people leaving… I say you first. It is NOT YOUR pledge of allegiance. The way you talk you don’t deserve to be called American. So take YOUR happy ass to whatever country might have you. Because I doubt the one your ancestors came from would accept you, and I know that I certainly wouldn’t. You wrap yourself in your self-righteousness and opinions. Your type disgusts me.

116. Thomas Smith says:

Morgan… nicely stated.

117. Thomas Smith says:

I agree that we need to (as a nation) step up and become educated voters. Unfortunately, the ”education” that our youths are getting is the propaganda that is handed to them. Our children are unprepared for the rhetoric and propaganda that is becoming imbued in our society. What we need is to teach our country how to see past rhetoric and opinions. Otherwise, all of the ”education” that they are going to get, is actually ”indoctrination”.

118. Thomas Smith says:

Nicely stated.

119. Interesting..... says:

Mr. Thomas,

I have gone down the page and noticed you have been at this thread for some time. Critiquing each comment as you see fit. While I applaud your acknowledgment of civil liberties and freedoms, I do disagree with your comment about the Occupy movement.

Believe it or not, there are plenty of people who are fed up with this organization (if you can call it that). I witnessed at a local University, students gathering to protest their student loans. How is that justified? Should I protest my mortgage? How about my car loan? I have watched many youtube videos of people from the occupy movement. Many of them are quite humorous but so they are intended to be by the interviewer. Others were pro-Occupy and still didn’t catch my interest. This government/administration is worse than many before it and we, as citizens, are certainly paying for it. But to protest things like corporate greed is a pretty biased argument.

Let me explain. I watched one video as an Occupier said, ”The top 1% only gets taxes $0.25 to every $1.00 of the American people.” That is so far from the truth that he obviously had no clue. I can’t find current stats but in 2009, the top 1% paid 35% of America’s taxes. The bottom 50% (me included) only paid 2%. How sad is that? Yes they have billions of more dollars than we do, but we have billions of more people than they do. Proportionally, it seems off. The top 1% already pays more than we do and to say, ”they are greedy” just because they are wealthy, isn’t justified. Should they pay more to their employees? Absolutely. Should they hand out any more than they already do to anyone outside of their company? No.

Students attending college are doing so by choice, not force. It is said all over the media all the time, college almost isn’t worth attending anymore as it will take years to pay off the debt with the small average salary when starting out. Yet many still go; and no shame to them. But to complain of YOUR loan is ridiculous. Instead of these people complaining they have to pay back money that THEY BORROWED, they should acknowledge that those government loans they took out are largely contributing to the nation’s deficit. I feel we should be protesting them to pay back what they owe. Forget the fact that FAFSA is a low interest government loan; seems ungrateful to complain about that.

To me, from what I have heard and seen, the Occupy movement involves a lot of selfishness and irresponsibility. Yes, our government is extremely flawed right now. But it is not because of corporations who not only pay more taxes than us combined, they are also responsible for many jobs (whatever companies that aren’t overseas).

As a backround….I am an average middle class citizen, on the lower end of the scale. This year I will stand to make a little under $22k after taxes. Thankfully I have a loving wife who is also employed and helps to pay the bills while I attend college. We have a 3 bedroom house and a dog named Finn. My parents are also middle class, my father is the director of sales for a large private travel agency while my mother is an insurance agent for a private insurance firm. They are on the upper end of the middle class scale. However, striving for the ”American Dream” they invested their entire life savings into opening up a franchise in their city. It started off very well but has long since tapered off. They HOPE to start writing themselves checks in 2012 after 3 years of making nothing off of their investment. They were told that it would take a year or two to start earning profit after paying employees and eating the initial costs of equipment and supplies.

All that background was for is to prove to you, that we are not privileged. We work very hard for what we have. Yet my family and our friends feel the same as I do and do NOT support the Occupy movement. America truly has less responsibility and work ethics than we once had a few decades ago. Complaining about being broke isn’t going to do anything. Go out and earn it, there are jobs….I know because I have had to look

120. Military says:

Brent,

Trust me. Military members would not contribute to any such acts. When was the last time you even saw the national guard working in a defense type role in America? The military’s main involvement at home involves aid during disasters. I see more cops out there during these protests in armor than I see guys in camo.

But I do agree with you, a civil war isn’t but years away. The path we are on, it could be sooner. Unless we do a complete 180, the simple lack of cohesion in this country will tear us apart; let alone the debt and poor economy.

121. Thomas Smith says:

Interesting…
    Your post is wonderful. It explains your position as a ”b” from my previous post. The point in the ”occupy” movement (not an organization, though there was an organization formed to help support the movement), is to make fiscal changes in our system. Once you are able to reach the upper end of the financial system, things start changing. Because you now have considerably more resources coming in than NEED (this is where many trust-fund failures lose it) to go out, you have options. There are many loopholes in the current system that allow you to take advantage of things like buying real estate and then allowing public use (though you still own it), and have to pay next to nothing on it, and get a tax advantage from it. This is just one of MANY options. I know this for a fact, as I take advantage of some of those loopholes myself (I worked my butt off since I was barely a teen). This said, the exact figure that he gave you is most likely incorrect, but certainly not in the wrong neighborhood.
    The fact that you somehow believe that the ”occupy” movement is all about forgiveness of student loans shows that you are just taking what is being fed to you (eg. propaganda). The movement is not complaining about being poor, the movement is about people playing by the same fiscal rules.

I really believe that you fall into the ”b” category, though, there is a third ”c) Just too ignorant to care” category that I had not thought to mention earlier.

P.S. Just to be clear, I may not be part of the 1%, but well within the 4%. I work hard, am good at what I do, and have been doing it for a LONG time.

122. Thomas Smith says:

Beautifully stated. A government of the people, by the people, for the people.

123. The only way to clean our government is to VOTE first.

124. Thomas Smith says:

Ok, did the research… Not enough info to be sure, but yup, sounds like.

125. Thomas Smith says:

And really find out who it is you are voting for beforehand.

126. Thomas Smith says:

Sorry to tell you this Faye, but all of it is the important part. This bill will be subject to interpretation. And this can easily be argued away with the ”covered persons” clause.

127. Thomas Smith says:

Military personnel do as they are told by their superiors as long as they do not believe they are going against their post. And at that, sometimes they do as they are told even if they know that it goes against their post. If I had a nickel for every time that an order has been given and followed that violated standing orders, I would be hobnobbing with Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Oprah.

128. Thomas Smith says:

It is like a personal-sized pie. Really tasty with tea.

Oh, btw, that definition was for the benefit of ordinary. I am kinda betting that you actually already knew.

129. Thomas Smith says:

If that is true, I really feel sorry for all of those ”Christians”.

130. Thomas Smith says:

As I have said before, the military does as they are told. There is great reason to be worried. The idea that you are not says to me that either a) you are not an American, or b) you are ignorant. This is an example of the terrorists winning. Bit by bit America is stopping to be America. We are doing it to ourselves largely by allowing fear to scare us into giving up our rights in the name of being more safe.

131. Thomas Smith says:

Wow, much more long-winded, and slightly more eloquent, but apparently just a regurgitation of the comment that you were commenting on… Are you a politician?

132. anonymous says:

Just to clarify, I am not in any association with the group ”Anonymous”, I just don’t want to be known
    The bill that just passed in congress is, in itself, the complete and total annihilation of our constitutional rights, some people in the military MIGHT accept this and comply with it because the military has people in it who just want to do nothing but kill. I know that sounds ignorant but thats my belief. If the 93 voters of that bill who were for it had seen the end of the bill and really thought about, it would have been a whole lot different. All people should stand up and be against this horrible bill. I might be over exaggerating this, but if this happened, ANY military member could kill anybody in America, even a newly born child. This bill gives NO limits what so ever. Anything can be done by the military.

133. to all those who cite

(B-1)

need to read 1031 first.

meaning of this quoted passage is – ”they can but are not required to detain us citizens”

134. Cracking One Off In My Pants says:

Does Dan Brown know about this?! He ought to secure the novelization rights to this story before David Ickes makes up his own mind about and once again corners the ”I <3 Mett Bellamy" market. It would be about a grizzled veteran Starbucks employee who has sex about 89 times a minute, who accidently stumbles upon a cabal of muslim communist space lizards (with their army of were-cyborg rock stars you all thought died aged 27… EXCEPT REALLY THEY DIDN'T DUN DUN DUUUNNNN) hell bent on wotrld domination. He teams up with Rage Against The Machine and Brian Blessed and together they attempt to put a stop to the N.W.O.'s insidious machinations by kicking it in the face and bumming its corpse into a mangled unrecognizable pulp. He could call it 'TRUTH RAPE: The Truthening', a powerful and chilling metaphor for the current political landscape… I'd buy it.

135. derien says:

”If this is signed into law, it will shred the remaining tenants of the Bill of Rights” I think they meant tenets! Unless there are somehow people who live in the Bill of Rights.

136. Freedom Fighter says:

There is a civil war coming not just in the US but all over the world! Everyone who works to enslave people will regret being alive! Now,everyone who votes in favor of these laws should be executed for treason!

Revenge is on its way!

137. Olo Nord says:

You know what I think? I think that europe should introduce entry visas for Americans. If you American citizens, you agree to the fact that foreigners so treat your government, then I think you xenophobe. So it think germany during Adolf Hitler’s government, they were stunned by hate and rage and insecurity that they been told, burned and murdered ksążki Jews and other citizens.
    I am a Pole, I do not wish your rights in europe arrest me for your army, without a reason. Because you and your government to agree to it.
    This is not a war on terror, this is not a holy inquisition. Your government conducts a war with the inhabitants of the earth. This is what your government is doing is sick and is in violation of any rights of free citizenship.
    Rejoice that this Act does not apply to U.S. citizens, but I assure you that it will not last long, not perception will be introduced an amendment to this Act, and the justification is the same as always. ”NATIONAL SECURITY” A whose specific? If the nation is arrested? …
    Have a nice day and more Coca-Cola.

138. Olo Nord says:

So what from the fact that I can not even write properly in English? And whoever of you know Polish or Czech or German? Do not judge me on the grammar …

139. Thomas Smith says:

Well, I may not be fluent. Ale mogę się przez …

140. Jordan says:

I am in the military. It would be against the Law of Armed Conflict to shoot at any unarmed persons.

141. Thomas Smith says:

This is true, it hasn’t changed since my days in Desert Shield and Desert Storm or since its inception in 1974 and likely never will. However, the bigger concern is that this bill allows for indefinite detainment without due process. Though morally wrong, this bill could be argued to allow the executive branch (through order of the Commander-in-Chief) to pick up whoever they want and lock them away practically without a paper trail simply by saying that they were suspected of terrorist activities. In essence, immediately terminating all of that persons rights as though they never had any. This is the very same basis used to incarcerate political prisoners in other countries. This bill is the single most horrible thing that Obama has done in office, and has potential of being that for which he is most remembered.

142. JohnM says:

Wow, I never believed in it but the New World Order theory is sounding more real every day.

143. Mchangalot says:

again, not to add even more pointless babel, but i may have said something earlier on, i cant find it now, about military soldiers actually doing this.
    Firstly, i am proud in many (not all) ways our American military serves. I am also glad service members are discussing this as well.
    secondly what i said earlier may have been misinterpreted, what i meant to say is that it is possible, for a selected group of FBI or CIA or any of those other acronyms, who have served in military, to be made into a section of home land security that could do as the article says.
    thirdly, i am more than proud and glad that our American service members would not shoot at an American civilian.
    and i ask, though beyond unlikely that it seems, that if the president or some general would ask you to shoot American citizens, that you remember that you are our protectors. and you protect the rights of the continuation, the bill of rights, and all bills there in. use your mind, not your gun.

144. Carlos1225 says:

None of us true Americans[of both north and south] can allow this, nor can Chinese or Russian or any other country founded upon the ideals of rebels and revolutionaries. This is exactly what the monarchies of Europe attempted to do to America so many years ago, and guess what? We won! I shall leave you all with this lone quote…

”They may come for our blood, BUT THEY SHALL DROWN IN THEIR OWN!
    OURAAHHH!”

145. Actually OBAMA didn’t do this. Congress did. Obama had no helping hand in passing this bill whatsoever. Remember, By the system of checks and balances, the judicial and legislative branch can pass their own bill, and the executive can veto it. I don’t think something like this would happen without something bigger going on behind the scenes. You think Obama is scared of retaliation if he does veto it?

146. N. Groeneveld says:

”US Senate wants the entire USA to be a battleground”

The entire USA is already a battleground, as the United States Northern Command (NorthCom) has the American homeland as theatre of operations. NorthCom was established a new military command early 2002, half a year after the events of September 11th, 2001 :

U.S. Northern Command

The Pentagon Strategy for Homeland Defense and Civil Support gives some more background on their tasks :

Pentagon Strategy for Homeland Defense and Civil Support

”Fear. Mongering.”

No, rather a naive article.

Kommentera / Comment